Condições Gerais de Utilização
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF USE
General Conditions of Use of the Following Website https://portal.ascendi.pt/:
The current General Conditions of Use (hereinafter "General Conditions") regulate the use of the website “portal.ascendi.pt” (hereinafter "Website"), made available by Ascendi O&M, S.A. (hereinafter "Ascendi") on the Internet.
Regarding the access to use of the Website, a full acceptance by the users of these General Conditions is needed.
With this Website, Ascendi provides to all network users the access to forms of payment regarding toll rates and administrative costs in relation to the use of road infrastructures in two modalities (the "Features"):
- Consultation by register plate - spontaneous consultation/payment functionality of the indebted amounts resulting from toll charges and administrative costs, by making available the requested data;
- Consultation by billing document - payment functionality of toll charges and administrative costs or driver infringe identification upon a billing document collection.
Conditions of the Website Access and its Functionalities
Ascendi allows the features access available on the Website subject to prior validation of the requested data. This validation will be made by means of a form, through the provision of certain personal data that will serve as user identification.
This access will require the need of a communication to be sent via email to the email address inserted in said form. This communication will include a link allowing the access to a webpage of the aforementioned Website, which will contain the information requested. The confidentiality and appropriate use thereof are the sole responsibility of the user. Ascendi shall not be liable for any damage or loss sustained by the user or any third party as a result of the information or data use by third parties.
The user may proceed to the payment of the amount through (i) Credit or Debit Card (ii) MB WAY (iii) ATM Reference.
General Conditions of Use of the Website
The user hereby undertakes to use the Website and its content/features in a diligent, legal, correct and ethical manner, in accordance with the current General Conditions, and shall not disturb or degrade the continuity, integrity and quality of the features and functionalities thereof.
Thus, it’s mandatory for users, for the purposes of mere illustration and not exhaustively, to refrain from:
- Using the Website for illicit purposes, which is against the provisions of these General Conditions, harmful to the third parties rights and interests or that may in any way damage, disable, overburden or deteriorate the Website or prevent its normal use by others users;
- Performing, or attempting to, illegal activities that violate the rights of Ascendi, Website users, other Internet users or any third party not previously mentioned;
- Obtaining and/or attempting to obtain information, messages, charts, drawings, sound and/or image files, photographs, recordings, software and any type of material in general that may stay accessible through the Website, using different means or procedures of those that have been made available to him by Ascendi;
- Providing, transmitting, sending, producing or reproducing any content that may infringe any patent, trademark, industrial secret register or any type of copyright from any person, entity or institution;
- Providing, transmitting, sending, producing or reproducing any content unauthorized to be used (including, without exclusion of any other, confidential information obtained by virtue of your position or duty);
- Accessing, collecting, storing, making available, transmitting, sending, producing or reproducing in any format, third parties personal information;
- Making available, transmitting, sending, producing or purposely or accidentally reproducing any material containing software viruses or any other computer code, files or computer programs whose purpose, even if not achieved, is to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer or computer system (hardware or software) or telecommunications equipment;
- Removing any copyright, trademark or property rights notice.
Liability of the User
The activities described in the aforementioned items are prohibited to the user and are grounds for immediate suspension or termination, in a partial or definitive way, temporarily or definitely, regarding the use of the Website.
The user acknowledges that his Website use is at his own risk and he is solely responsible for any damage caused to his computer system and/or computer equipment or for any other damages or losses, including loss or damage of data resulting from the use of materials, contents or information obtained, in any way, through the Website.
Liability of Ascendi
The Website was designed with information from internal and external sources, which is made available to users in their current status and may contain inaccuracies or errors.
Ascendi is only liable for damages that the user may suffer as a result of the Website usage when such damages may be attributable to its liability as a result of a misconduct action.
Ascendi shall not be liable for damages or losses of any kind that may result in, including but not limited to:
- Interference, omissions, electronic communications disruptions of services necessary for accessing the Website, computer viruses, and/or operational disconnections of the electronic system referring to contents or services provided by third parties, caused by issues not related with Ascendi that may determine the lack of availability or ongoing functioning of the Website or producing alterations in the computer system, in electronic documents or users files;
- Delays or usage blockages caused by deficiencies or Internet overloads or in other electronic systems, namely, failures in access to web pages through the Website or its relating services;
- Third party actions, including illegal intrusions outside the control of the Website and that are not attributable to Ascendi like the ones caused by the acquired knowledge that unauthorized third parties may have on the conditions, characteristics and circumstances of user’s operation of the Website;
- Eventual errors or security deficiencies that can be caused by the user’s operation regarding an outdated or insecure version of a browser or by damages, errors or inaccuracies that may result from malfunction thereof;
- Operation, availability and accessibility of the websites to which it refers through links, ongoing information, contents and services existing in these aforementioned websites, quality, legality, reliability and usefulness of the information, contents and services existing in those websites, if applicable.
Availability of the Website and General Conditions Validity
Ascendi has the exclusive right to suspend at any time, in whole or in part, the access to the Website, in particular regarding management, maintenance, repair, alteration or modernization operations and to terminate, temporarily or permanently, partially or totally, at any time, according to its will, the Website or any of the services provided through it.
Ascendi reserves the right at any time to alter, add, update or eliminate, partially or totally, the current General Conditions.
Any alteration will be immediately posted on this webpage, and we encourage the user to check from time to time the General Conditions page in order to confirm any updates or changes that may have taken place.
If you do not agree to any of the above mentioned rules of use, you should not use the Website.
If any part or provision of the current General Conditions is not able to be executed or in conflict with the applicable law, the validity of the remaining parts or provisions won’t be affected.