There are several reasons why this could have happened. To find out what happened in your particular case, you can contact us 24 hours a day through our website . We need to know the date on which the device was activated and you should also send us a copy of your Via Verde statement for the period relating to the journeys for which you received notification.
No. According to the Via Verde terms and conditions of use, each tag may only be used for one specified vehicle. You can only change the tag to another vehicle with Via Verde's consent. Any problems that may arise because of disobeying the rules of use are the responsibility of the tag owner.
Still not sure?– Talk to us
You can get your electronic tag from:
- Via Verde Online;
- One of the Via Verde shops;
- CTT post offices;
- ACP (Portuguese Automobile Club) Offices;
- MSCAR stands;
- Salvador Caetano concessionaires;
- The Ascendi shop (Matosinhos) *
*The Ascendi shop does not follow through on requests made in advance through the Via Verde website.
We also do not provide technical assistance in the event of problems occurring with tags.
You will need to have the following documents with you:
- Documento Único Automóvel (Vehicle Registration and Ownership Title);
- Taxpayer card;
- Stample and/or Trade Certificate (for business customers);
- Paying method (cash, cheque, atm)
- Proof of address
Still not sure? – Talk to us